TWELVE TIPS TO HELP SURVIVE NAUSEA & VOMITING DURING PREGNANCY:
- Eat something bland like Toast, Biscuit, or rusk as soon as you wake up.
- Try eating ginger and lemon preparations like ginger tea, ginger candy or Indian avla or amla supari, or laichi.
- Eat several small meals a day and don’t skip breakfast.
- Avoid triggers like strong smells or certain food items.
- Avoid spicy and deep-fried foods.
- Tweak your food quantity and timings. If you feel well in the mornings and feel nauseatic in the evening, you can have a slightly heavier meal in the morning and lighter meal in the evening.
- Take your medicines on time. Medicines to be taken only with a doctor’s prescription and not over the counter.
- Reduce stress levels by yoga meditation and relaxing activities like listening to music or any other hobbies.
- Expose yourself to fresh hair as much as possible.
- Get sufficient 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night.
- Have frequent short naps throughout the day if you are tired or overwhelmed.
- Keep yourself mentally and physically active
REMEMBER PREGNANCY IS NOT A DISEASE. ENJOY YOUR MOTHERHOOD!