- You will be in the hospital for about 3 – 4 days following delivery.
- Although walking may hurt but you will be encouraged to move as soon as possible.
- The stitches will be removed five – seven days after the operation if they are not soluble ones. Keep the area clean and dry. Nowadays most of the stiches are not visible and do not need removal.
- You can have a bath once your wound dressing has been removed ( a couple of days).
- Remember to dry the wound with a separate dry towel and contact your doctor if it becomes red or tender or swollen or if any discharge as it could be an infection requiring antibiotics.
- Avoid straining and lifting heavy objects for at least six weeks.
- You can start gentle pelvic floor exercises almost immediately after the operation. Don’t try anything more intense till after your postnatal check, about 6 weeks after the operation.
- You should not drive a vehicle for six weeks
- It is important not to put any strain or pressure on your abdomen for the prescribed time.
Comments are closed.