Gestational Diabetes Mellitus is a type of Diabetes first seen in a pregnant woman who did not have Diabetes Mellitus before she was pregnant.
Gestational Diabetes usually shows up in the middle of pregnancy.
5 TIPS FOR WOMEN WITH Gestational Diabetes:
1. Eat healthy foods from a tailored meal plan made for a person with Diabetes. A Dietician can help you with this.
2. Exercise Regularly: After consulting your doctor you can do a mild to moderate intensity physical activity like walking.
3. Monitor your sugar levels as advised by your doctor. You can make a chart with the date, time and sugar levels. This will help your doctor in adjusting the dose of your medicines.
4. Take insulin if needed and advised by your doctor.
5. Get tested for Diabetes after pregnancy usually 6to12weeks after delivery and then every 1to 3years.
Be Aware Take Care